Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
The Canadian Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21.
Orthodontic treatment can help with:
- Dental and facial aesthetics
- Teeth that are crowded or spaced apart
- Abnormal jaw pain (TMD) or pressure caused by crooked teeth
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease)
- Worn or missing teeth
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from seeking treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetically pleasing, and customized to meet your needs.
- Metal braces
- Clear (Ceramic) Braces
- Clear Aligners
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues that cost you more in the end.